Thursday, January 21, 2010

Girnar Hill, Junagadh


Actually, when I took this picture, we were already at the top of Girnar Hill (semi famous for the 10,000 stair climb to the summit).  We continued on from this position to that temple, which required climbing down quite far-- roughly 10-15 minutes, taking stairs two at a time-- and then climbing a whole new set of stairs.  If you look closely at the lower, right flank of that jut of rock, you can see the angular shape of a small walking area.  We climbed down there, then up to the temple, then down even further to a small temple area with free food, then back up again to the vantage point of this picture, where we could finally begin our two-hour decent (in the opposite direction from where the camera is pointing) down the mountain.

1 comment:

  1. Hey -- I thought Lord of the Rings was filmed in New Zealand. Regardless: WOW! I'm impressed. What a climb, a workout, a feat, a view, a place to escape the human-created chaos and commotion of cities far below. Thanks for the pictures, guys. I can't wait to taste your curry, Chance. And, I know what I want for my birthday, other than you home safe (with a shawl or two): a framed picture of that incredible bicycle still life. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete