Friday, January 22, 2010

My wallet was stolen.

And I am not pleased.  I am bummed.  It had some money in it, and some cards, including my debit card.  Speaking of which, Mom, Dad, if you haven't checked your email yet, please do, and then please call Chase and try to get them to put a hold on my accounts..?  I hope this works out...  I don't know my account number, card number...  I am only moderately sure of the name on the card.  I think it is C Chance Campbell.  Good luck, folks-- things depend on you.

We were taking our jolly 24 hour bus ride, which was actually really uncomfortable, plus I was sick, and the "bed" was exactly 5 feet and 9 inches long, and rather narrow...  Here I am complaining.  Anyway, I woke up around dawn, and looked out the window for a bit, then looked at my pocket, which was unzipped, and no longer contained my little wallet.  So, I marshaled my scant energy and looked under all of the beds in the bus, and asked other fellows it they had seen it, which they had not.  It is gone for sure, now.  We made it to a salvation army dormitory place where we will be spending our nights, so that is good...  But my wallet is no longer with me.  It was black synthetic leather and duct tape, and it had a little key ring with a nifty little can-opener and a funny looking key, which is the type of key they use in India to lock things.  But now it is all gone.  Ah, no.

We are in Mumbai, though, which is a big deal.  Mumbai has some 16.4 million people living in it.  60% of these folks live in shantytowns and slums.  I guess I am not that bad off.

Alrighty then, goodbye.

Chance

1 comment:

  1. Do you have enough money use the internet? What are your current plans? I am reading and gardening tomorrow, and then going out to have a beer, and having an art party with Dario and McKinsey.

    ReplyDelete