Tuesday, December 15, 2009

In Reply to some Comments

Drew (North):
English comes and goes.  Today we met a kid who introduced himself with a hug.  Delighted by his gesture, we kept him as a travel companion.  Eventually he asked for new shoes, but instead we gave him a shawl.  He spoke English really well, and when I asked where he learned it, he casually replied "the street."
Difficulties - the language barrier, which mostly provides more fun than anything, getting around is hard because you don't always know where you're going yourself, bartering, which is also a lot of fun, and understanding gestures.  I'm sure there is more I can't think of immediately, but most of the difficulties prove to be quite entertaining, figuring them out slowly, or with the help of locals, or travelers.  Every difficulty and pain so far has brought an equally rewarding adventure I'd say.

Dad:
Thanks for the advice about preventing Delhi Belly.  But rather than listening to it, I think we wanted to test ourselves and air on the side of danger.  It ended up kicking us in the butt, but overall it was an experience that leaves me feeling like I've been initiated, somehow.  I can't explain it really.  But all I know is I'm ready.  For what?  I'm not sure.  But I'm ready nevertheless.

Margot:
I wish we could make it to Leh, but the mountain passes are closed via bus meaning we would have to fly.  And as well, it gets really, really cold.  Maybe this is good?  Tell me. But we are up in the mountains now in McLeod Ganj, I'm not sure if you've made it here, but you're absolutely right... mountains.


Greg:
I don't plan on dying anytime soon.

Annie:
The video for Chance was great.  I'm not sure either us have fully seen it.  I watched it all the way through, but there was no sound.  And last time it just wouldn't load when we did have sound.  Maybe we'll actually be able to watch it this time.

Craig:
Here is your morsel.  E.T. is phoning home.  Thanks for the worry.  It reminds us that our parents still love us and think of us.

To the Spanish speaker:
You beat me.  I tried to translate what I could, but your skills bested mine.  I surrender.  You win.

Mikk:
I am glad you pay more attention to us than Alicia.  That means you really do love us, and we love you too.  I am so excited to get back and parkour.  We are thinking the the flexibility from yoga could really help.  Prepare to be amazed.  As well, we want to rock climb.  So now be extra prepared.


Malea:
I miss you and the Saulgills.  Send my love.

To the anonymous misser of music and me.  Reveal yourself!

Con Besos y Amor,
Josh

1 comment:

  1. My apologies for the anonymity; I didn't mean to be so mysterious. Your travels are inspirational and completely amazing. If you happen to make it to South America this summer, look me up.

    Best,

    Jessica [of the Rock variety]

    ReplyDelete